Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Am A Mother

I don't know how many of you have read this book by Jane Clayson Johnson, and I usually don't do posts about books, but this one is worth reading. I think that it was my friend, Lark, who told me about this book to begin with and it took me about a year to get around to reading it. I am very thankful that Ben remembered that I said I wanted it and he gave it to me for Christmas. Anyway, this book is a wonderful book that reminds you how precious and beautiful it is to be a mother and a woman, even despite the challenges that we face. I loved curling up every night before I went to bed and reading a page or two, or a chapter (depending on how tired I was). Sometimes you hear women say, or maybe you have said it as well, "I'm just a mom." Or people will say to you, "Oh, you're just a mom?" After reading this book, you will never want to say that again. You will want to become a better person and strive to live a better life and be proud to say, "I am a mother!"

4 comments:

Steph said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am already excited to read this - i will go pick it up this week - sounds great!!!

Teanne said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sounds like a great book! I'm always looking for another good book to read. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to go put it on my "books to read" list.

Blake and Kacie Bennett said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I need a new book to read right now...I love your post about your twins...what a cute moment.

Rochelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE this book! It really helped me through a very hard time in my life after my last baby! It makes me proud to say 'I am a mom'!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...