Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Ashton!!

Today is Ashton's birthday! He is the big 5 today. He was so excited to have his birthday because he said that once he turns 5 years old, he will be bigger and smarter. I hope that his expectations are true for him. :) All he wanted for his birthday is a laptop. He sees Ben studying on his all the time and he said that he wanted to study too so he can be a scientist. That's what he says he's going to be when he goes to college. He is always conducting "experiments". So I found a laptop and he loves it. It's an educational one and doesn't really have any games. But he carries that thing around everywhere. When we walked the boys to school, he put the laptop in his backpack and rode his bike. Here are a few other things that you may or may not know about Ashton. He loves to go on bike rides. Everyday he asks Ben if they can go on a bike ride. He especially likes going on the hills in the golfcourse when it's getting dark and there aren't any golfers.
He loves practicing the drums that are on loan to us from my brother, John, while he is on his Mission. For his birthday dinner, the first thing that he said he wanted is a big turkey dinner, then he said macaroni and tomato and then finally he decided on a BBQ. Whew!
He loves to try to sound out words and spell them. He can already read a few books! He really, really loves the stories that his Dad tells to him at night. What can I say, Ben has a gift with telling stories. He also likes to study with Ben. He likes "reading" over textbooks. Especially the ones with no pictures he says. He was my fastest labor by far. He was born within 30 minutes of me walking into the hospital. He loves to take care of his little brother, Devin. Sometimes he may get a little rough, but he has good intentions. He always knows when I need a hug (even if I didn't know that I needed one!).
We are glad that Ashton is a part of our family!
We all love him and wish him the best during this next year!

1 comments:

patrice stanford said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday Ashton...we love you. Save me some cake ( I just loves me some cake)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...