Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Mesa Southwest Museum

We visited the Mesa Southwest Museum towards the end of September because Ben's school, A.T. Still University had a special room there that taught about the human body. It was really amazing! Everything was interactive and hands on. Carson especially loved it because he was studying the human body in school. The day we went, the Museum let everyone in for free that was associated with A.T. Still University and fed us breakfast.
All the boys absolutely loved the gold panning! It's a good thing that we went to the gold panning last because that got soaked! Each one of them took home a little sack of "gold".
Another highlight was the jail. I remember going to this same jail when I was a kid. I always tried to be a good girl so that I wouldn't have to go to jail and stay the night there. (That's where my Dad said the bad people go.) So needless to say, all the boys where very good the entire time so that they didn't have to stay the night there. (Are we bad parents. :) Ashton really had to work up his courage to walk into the jail cell and he forced that sweet smile you see.


3 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We'll need to take the kiddos here. Looks like fun!!

VERY good lesson on "going to jail", too!!

Jenna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am so glad you just posted about that museum. I used to go there as a kid, too! Do they still have Astronaut Ice Cream? My personal favorite was Santa's Workshop that they had during the winter. Oh, to be a carefree kid again!

Bridget said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Briana, I hope you don't mind - Janae told me about your blog and so I decided to look you up. We're so sorry you moved! I hope you don't mind if I link to you from my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...