Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our Weekend in Thatcher

One weekend in July, I took the kids and we headed down to Thatcher.  We stayed with my sister and her family, the Miners.  My parents met us there, along with Jared, John and Karlee, and Brooke came down with her kids from Amarillo.  We had a lot of fun.  Jared went through the Temple.  Ben's cousin, Maleah, watched my kids.  Thank you so much Maleah!

We also spent one day at Cluff's Pond.  We played and played and ate.  

The little critters there sure liked me though.  Before I got in the water I was stung by 2 bumble bees on my leg.  So I decided to go into the water, where a crawdad attacked me!  So then later, I was sitting under a tree visiting with the wonderful company and a lizard fell from the tree and crawled down my back.  Yikes!  We all had a good laugh about it!

All the kids and Uncle James and Uncle John played chicken fight, over and over again.


Weston and Aunt Brooke

Chicken Fight! Calvin and Uncle John with Ashton and Uncle James

Devin contemplating the meaning of life.  :)

Devin and Colton (cousin)

Darling Daisy

Aunt Brooke's little girl, Maddie

Aunt Brittany, I love this picture!

Mayley (Brittany's girl)

Weston (Brooke's boy)

Dirty=Fun, Landon (Brittany's boy)

Jayla (Uncle James' girl) Look at those eyes!

Maddie

Devin and Dayton (Brittany's son) collected bottle caps

Devin and Dayton
After the fun at Cluff's Pond, we went and watched the parade.  Uncle Wes drove an old fire truck in the parade and all the kids rode on the truck in the parade.
After the parade, we headed for the football field to watch the fireworks for the 4th of July.  We had some time to kill, so Grandma and Grandpa Reed played Red Rover with all the grandkids.  What fun grandparents!

We had a great weekend and look forward to spending more time with our Arizona families!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...