Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Devin!!!

Devin turns 3 years old today! I can't believe that my baby is so old!
He was actually born on my 25th birthday! You can do the math. (Sorry folks, no pictures of me today.)
Here are a few things that you may or may not know about Devin...
He is my biggest cuddlier (is that even a word?). All of my boys loved to snuggle, but nothing like Devin. If he is sad or mad, all I have to do is give him a hug and within about 5 seconds he is smiling and laughing (and sometimes acting like a puppy or kitten).
He loves playing trucks with his big brothers, but what little boy doesn't.
He loves music! I give piano and violin lesson and I find him regularly "practicing" his piano or one of the boys violins because his is in need of repair and is packed away. When I walk into the room, he just gets a big grin and says "I'm practicing!"
He loves to sing. Among a few of his favorites are "Popcorn Popping", "In the Leafy Treetops", "Once There Was a Snowman", "Rain is Falling", "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and the all-time favortive is "A, B, C's".
He can memorize songs so fast. We had a singing FHE and everyone picked out a song and we sang their song. One of the songs was "Follow the Prophet". About a week later, I heard Devin singing that song! We only sang the song that night and here was singing..."Adam was a prophet, first one that we know..."
He knows his whole alphabet. I didn't know this until one day several months ago he pointed out letters to me and was telling me what letters they were. I was shocked because I haven't worked at all with him! So now Ashton and Devin have contests with the flashcards to see who can say the letters first.
He loves to go on walks and bike rides with his Dad. Especially to the park. As soon as Ben walks through the door, all the boys are asking to go for a ride!
He loves books! Some children sleep with stuffed animals or blankets at night. Not Devin! He sleeps with books! He gets about 3 everynight and looks at the pictures and then tucks them into the covers with him and goes to sleep. Funny kid! That can't be comfortable! He loves for Ben to read the stories to him or tell a "famous Dad story."
He loves to count things. He is always saying, "Let's count this." It could be crayons, strips on a ribbon, cars or anything he can get his hands on.
And last, but not least! He is completely potty-trained and has been for quite a long time. It has been 8 years of diapers and now nothing. It is so great! I guess that he's not my baby anymore...

Happy Birthday Devin! We love you! You bring us so much joy and laughter!

9 comments:

Craig and Janalyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

He is such a cute little guy! Happy Birthday Devin! And Happy Birthday Briana! I hope you both have a wonderful day!

The Ensign's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday to you.... Happy Birthday to you.... Happy Birthday dear Devin and Briana... Happy Birthday to you!!!
I seriously can't believe that Devin is 3!!! Wow!!! He's growin up fast and he's such a cute kid!

Brian Reed said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday to you too, Briana

cami said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Briana, what a darling little guy you have! Happy birthday to you both! I was looking at all of the family blogs and you Reeds all have it down great! What a cute family you and Ben have. Cool blog too. Miss ya! Hope to see you guys soon.
Cami

patrice stanford said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy birthday to you both. We love you and miss you. Next time we are there, I want to hear you all play...I have never had the opportunity.

pjds :)

patrice stanford said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy birthday to you both. WE love you and miss you. Next time we come to town, we want to hear you play....all of you!!! We have never had the opportunity.
pjds :)

The Miner Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday to both of you!!!! He is so cute in those pictures. I hope you had a great day. Hopefully you get to spend time with Ben in between his finals. Hopefully you can go out to eat somewhere together.

jenn goodman said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU TWO!!!!
Those picstures of Devin are precious!!

Hope it was a good birthday for you both.

Love you,
Jenn

Harris Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I remember when you added that little guy to your family. He has gotten so big. How is everything with Ben in Med school? It must feel great to have the first year behind you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...