Thursday, August 26, 2010

Motherhood

I love being a mother.  I know how hard it can be at times, but it's all those "other times" that make it so rewarding.  Here are a few of my favorite times...

I love how my boys give me a hug as they walk out the door and tell me that they love me as they go to school. 
I love how they get excited as I read to them at night.
I love how they jump up and down when I unintentionally make their favorite meal.
I love listening to them practice their piano, violin and cello.  
 I love listening to them play nicely together.
I love how they help each other when they know that someone needs help.
I love having movie night with them and that they actually want me to stay and watch it with them.
I love listening to them tell me of their latest accomplishment.
I love rocking my babies to sleep.
I love it when they wake up smiling and happy to see me.
I love teaching them something new and seeing that light sparkle in their eyes when they realize that they understand it.
I love how much they love their dad and how much they miss him when he gone.
I love listening to them talk about when they get older and the goals they want to accomplish.
I love it when they get their chores done without me asking.
I love watching them grow each day, even though at times I want the time to stand still.
I love it when they want to mow the neighbors yard just because they see that it needs to be done and they don't expect anything in return.
I love walking into their rooms early in the morning or late at night and seeing them kneel by their bedside saying their prayers or reading their scriptures.
I love watching them sleep when the long day is done and they look so content and angelic.

I know that the list can go on and on, but it is the simple things everyday that may go unnoticed that makes me happy that I am a mother.

5 comments:

The Ensign's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Soooo true. It can be so challenging at times, but there is seriously no greater calling.

Christina LeSueur said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very sweet. It is amazing how the small things can just make your world go around! It is good that you wrote these down. Hope you guys are doing well!

4mleyneks said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I sooo agre! You made me cry. Being a mother is the best thing in the world.

Jon and Lara Stowell said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm really glad I read this. I just woke up a crab this morning on only 4 hours of sleep wishing that I didn't have to be a mother today. You just changed my attitude.

tammy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You're right, being a mom is the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...