Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bear Family Reunion

During Father's Day weekend, we went to the Bear Reunion. It is for my Mom's parents. Every year we have it during Father's Day weekend at Grandma and Grandpa Bear's cabin in Lakeside. They have about 5 acres right on Rainbow Lake and it is beautiful! The next few pictures are of the cabin and a view from the lake. We had so much fun playing games, canoeing, swimming, and my favorite: the volleyball tournament! Ben had to do alot of studying, so I took the boys and went. We missed having he with us, but there will always be next year because I know how much he loves to go and spend time with the Bear's!

Isn't it beautiful! The weather was gorgeous!


Every morning before we eat breakfast, we have a devotional with a flag ceremony where we say the Pledge of Allegiance, sing a song, have a spiritual thought and prayer. I love that the Bear family is so patriotic!

Here are some of my counsins right before the devotional.
Above: Uncle Russell Ashcroft gave a wonderful devotional.

Below: All my boys and my niece, Briley, wait for it to start.


This is the ramada that Grandpa built just for occasions such as these. It was really nice because this is where we all eat and play games.






Grandpa Bear made this contraption for the kids to play on. You wind it up and let it go! It was a lot of fun and even the adults got into it. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pictures of the adults. The kids would go really high and hold on for dear life.




Here are some of the kids swinging...

Here are a few pictures of Devin and Ashton playing in the sandbox. I honestly think that that was their favorite place to be the whole weekend!




Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Bear and everyone who helped make it a great week! We enjoyed everyones company! And the savenger hunt was awesome! (Sorry, no pictures of that.)

2 comments:

Doreen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Briana! I've been thinking about you a lot lately (don't know why?), and so I googled your name to see if you guys had a blog. Sure enough, you do! I can't believe you have 5 boys now, and Ben's going to med school! Wow! We've been all over the place since our time in Mesa. We lived in Boston for a couple of years, and then in Logan, UT. We just recently moved to TX, Dave finally graduated with his PhD and now has a REAL job, haha. We have 4 kids now, our last one was actually born at home (maybe that's why I've been thinking about you, I remember you wanting to have your kids at home, did you?). Anyway, I'm excited I found your blog, and it looks like you guys are doing well. Come visit my blog sometime, or email me! doreen1999 at yahoo dot com :o)

Cami said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That looks like so much fun. I love family reunions in the good old outdoors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...