Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Broken Lightbulb

Today is one of my massive laundry days that seem happen two or three times a week. I was in the process of walking to and from the laundry room and my bedroom when Ashton met me in the hall. He looked suspicious and said "What?" I responded and asked him "What?" He answered and said that he thought that I called him. When I told him that I didn't, he hesitantly said that the lamp fell down in his room and that he quickly put it back. He seemed really worried and kept repeating that it was an accident and he didn't mean to do it. The pieces were starting to fit together and I asked him if the light bulb broke. He said that it did and asked if I was mad. I told him that I wasn't mad and that we should go and clean it up. It was so funny because after I said that, he looked relieved and said "Whew! My legs were shaking so bad!" Poor little boy was terrified to tell me that the light bulb broke in his lamp! So we went in his room and proceeded to clean up the mess. I managed to get the bulb out of the lamp and asked Ashton to start to pick up the glass. That's when he started to climb under the bed. I thought "What is he doing? The lamp isn't by the bed!" So when I asked him, he said that he didn't want anyone to know that he broke it so he hid the glass under the bed. I couldn't help but laugh and then I thanked him for telling me the truth, even though his legs were shaking! Funny kid!

4 comments:

Jon, Launa, & boys said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is such an awesome story. Also, what great parenting!

The Miner Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You need to start writing thing in a book. we start forgetting all the funny things our kids do.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Britt-
I think that you are the one with all the stories! Every time I have a bad day I think of the funny stuff your kids have done and I can't help but laugh!

The Ensign's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is such a cute story. Gosh I miss those kids. Poor Ashton, and what a good boy to come clean.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...